CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, March 16, 2009

Thus spake The Fat Man

I know with a title like that you are expecting parables and rhetoric to ooze out of every letter, or perhaps a little paradoxical soup for your mid day bloggercize.

Alas I am the other half of this blog's title. Although not needing a fork lift to ease me into my morning slippers before I taxi out to the runway. I am technically obese and have just about every Doctor's "No-No" symptom -(large belly, high cholesterol, high LDL, low HDL, high blood pressure, blah blah blah). Being a bit of an enginenerd I like the how do you say "Math". So knowing I am playing the odds for the onset of just about every major preventable disease is a bit overwhelming at times. Especially when I look into the eyes of my beautiful little ones.

Where/when did the weight come from? Although I still hold out the very plausible theory that I am part of a secret military plot where they inject me with fat whilst I sleep in attempt to make me the largest sexiest weapon in the world. I am slowly coming to grips with the fact that it is likely more to do with my love of food.(err addiction to eating). I worked/cooked/managed restaurants for 8 years of my life. The last being a Thai food restaurant where I ate/breathed/slept thai food for 2 years of my life. That is about the time I met my wonderful wife and began making sure she was well fed ;) and of course you never cook for one, so I cooked for 4.

So there it began, I started channeling Paula Dean and butter happened to jump into everything I made. Every meal started with a base of cheese, Chipotle burritos became snacks and a Super value meal wasn't enough without a side of burger.

183 lbs to 245 in a couple of short years, went quick. So begins the epic battle!

...When The Fat Man had spoken these words, he again looked at the people, and was silent. It wasn't because they didn't get him, it was because he had forgotten what he was going to say next.

No comments:

Post a Comment